Thursday, February 28, 2008

The dangers of taking illegal steroids

There are alot of reasons why you shouldn't take steroids. First, of all I believe that kids or anybody should want to take steroids. If you are a true atheletic and love the competetion you wouldn't want to cheat, this is my opinion. You would want to work harder than your competetion and be better than they are, steroids would be like cheating on the SAT. I would never think about taking steroids even if one of my idols asked me to take it. I wouldn't even give somebody steroids if they asked for it or asked me to help them take it.
Although controlled studies on the long-term outcome of megadosing with anabolic steroids have not been conducted, extensive research on prescribed doses for medical use has documented the potential side effects of the drug, even when taken in small doses. Moreover, reports by athletes, and observations of doctors, parents, and coaches do offer visible evidence of dangerous side effects. Some effects, such as rapid weight gain, are easy to see. Some take place internally and may not be evident until it is too late. Some are irreversible.Although derived from a male sex hormone, the drug can trigger a mechanism in the body that can actually shut down the healthy functioning of the male reproductive system. Some side effects are Shrinking of the testicles,
Reduced sperm count, Impotence, Baldness,
Difficulty or pain in urinating, Development of breasts, and Enlarged prostate.
These are a lot of the reasons why I don't take steroids. And why nobody else should take steroids, to me they are some punks if they take steroids they shouldn't even be in the professional league. Plus if I every did take steroids my mom would tear my head off, then after she did my dad would, then my brother would. So I don't even think about taking steroids thats not even in train of thought. I just keep straight and work hard and harder than others and push myself to work to my best abilities.








No comments: